Why is my A5 using so much oil and what can I do about it?
- Audi A5
- Audi A5 2009
- Audi Advice
- Audi A5 Reviews
- Audi Convertible Range
- Audi Coupe Range
- Car Servicing
- Prestige & Luxury Cars
- Family Cars
Asked by Aaron Mc
I bought a one-owner 2009 Audi A5 with 92,000 km on the clock and a full service history after doing my research and finding that it had passed an oil consumption test. Fast-forward to today and I find that it's used two litres of oil in the last 3000 km. I called the dealer, and they're asking $800 to have another oil consumption test done. The car has a full and faultless service history, and this issue really has me frustrated. I've made initial contact with Audi to see what they can do, but I'm not particularly hopeful there that they'll do the right thing. Can you assist?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Sep 2016
I don't think there's much that can be done, apart from paying up and having the test done. The car is a 2009 model and I doubt that you would get any joy out of Audi regarding the cost of the test. VWs and Audis are renowned for using some oil, and that's one of the risks of buying a used one. What you need to know is how much oil it is using, and if that is a problem.
Other Audi A5 problems
- When should the timing belt be replaced on a 2011 Audi A5?
- Should I buy extended warranty?
- Audi A5 2016: Petrol or diesel?
- Is it costly servicing an Audi in Australia?
- A5 slow to accelerate
- Suitability of an A5 Sportback as a used buy?
- Is paint protection worthwhile?
- Seized engine repairs for A5
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Audi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia