Suitability of an A5 Sportback as a used buy?
- Audi A5
- Audi A5 2016
- Audi Advice
- Audi A5 Reviews
- Audi Hatchback Range
- Prestige & Luxury Cars
- Buying tips
- Sports cars
Asked by Mike
This model comes in different drive train configurations as follows: 2.0-litre 4-cylinder intercooled turbo-diesel, 2.0-litre 4-cylinder intercooled turbo petrol, 3.0-litre 6-cylinder intercooled supercharged petrol, 3.0-litre 6-cylinder intercooled turbo-diesel.
I understand that the 6-cylinder versions carry a higher price compared to the 4-cylinder ones.
I like the look of the car as it looks sporty and it appears to have plenty of room. Your thoughts on this type of car and also are the 4-cylinder versions reliable and spirited? Also, are there any issues to look out for this car?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Sep 2016
In my view buying a used European car is risky, they're expensive to service and repair, and more things tend to go wrong with them as the kilometres climb.
You're more likely to hit snags with them than you are with less exotic cars from other parts of the world. With Audis you should try to ascertain if they are using oil, and you should thoroughly check the operation of the automatic transmission.
Once you have chosen a car I would urge you to have it checked by a mechanic experienced in Audis or VWs.
Other Audi A5 problems
- When should the timing belt be replaced on a 2011 Audi A5?
- Should I buy extended warranty?
- Audi A5 2016: Petrol or diesel?
- Is it costly servicing an Audi in Australia?
- A5 slow to accelerate
- Why is my A5 using so much oil and what can I do about it?
- Is paint protection worthwhile?
- Seized engine repairs for A5
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Audi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers
12 best EVs available in Australia