Is paint protection worthwhile?
- Audi A5
- Audi A5 2016
- Audi A5 2015
- Audi Advice
- Audi A5 Reviews
- Audi Convertible Range
- Audi Coupe Range
- Audi Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
- Buying tips
Asked by Karlo Milosevic
I’ve just bought an Audi A5 3.0 TDI and was offered a paint protection package that came, not surprisingly, with a hefty pricetag. When I challenged the dealer on whether or not it was necessary I got what I thought was a vague answer. Furthermore, NRMA seem to cast doubt on the value of these products on their website. Whilst my car is not garaged, it’s well looked after and I just traded-in a 10-year-old A4 with paintwork that was in great condition. Are these products worth the money?
Answered by CarsGuide24 Jan 2016
Car dealerships have turned unnecessary paint and fabric protection, as well as things like window tinting, into a major profit centre. In my experience, only a handful of paint protection systems are worthwhile.
Other Audi A5 problems
- When should the timing belt be replaced on a 2011 Audi A5?
- Should I buy extended warranty?
- Audi A5 2016: Petrol or diesel?
- Is it costly servicing an Audi in Australia?
- A5 slow to accelerate
- Suitability of an A5 Sportback as a used buy?
- Why is my A5 using so much oil and what can I do about it?
- Seized engine repairs for A5
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Tesla electric cars in Australia: Everything...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Audi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Tesla electric cars in Australia: Everything you need to know
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with G