What's the resale value of a Volkswagen Golf and a Toyota Corolla?
- Toyota Corolla
- Volkswagen Golf
- Volkswagen Golf 2019
- Toyota Corolla 2020
- Toyota Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Volkswagen Golf Reviews
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Volkswagen Sedan Range
- Selling tips
- Buying tips
Asked by Chanaka
Answered by CarsGuide14 Mar 2020
A Volkswagen Golf that is already one year old will already have done a big chunk of its depreciating. The Corolla, on the other hand, will – like all brand-new cars – dump value like crazy. That said, both cars have a fair way to go in depreciation terms. Keeping them for just a year won’t help there, either, as you’ll effectively be maximising the amount you lose.
The trade regards the Corolla (as a Toyota) very highly and, as such, resale values tend to be better than a lot of cars. The VW Golf, meanwhile, still suffers from the stigma of the reliability problems many owners experienced and can be a little more difficult to unload without resorting to selling it to a wholesaler who will make you really understand what depreciation means.
Other Volkswagen Golf problems
- Should I buy a 2020 Volkswagen Polo?
- My 2009 Volkswagen Golf is becoming expensive to repair, should I sell it?
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- Volkswagen Golf 2013: A reliable replacement car
- Volkswagen Golf 2016 or Hyundai i30 2018: Are they reliable?
- Volkswagen Golf 2019: Should I buy an Alltrack?
- Volkswagen Golf 2019: Does it need a 'Supplemental Service'?
- Volkswagen Golf 2012: Repair costs
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Cars that start with G
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?