Best first car options?
- Mazda 3
- Toyota Corolla
- Suzuki Swift
- Holden Cruze
- Mazda 2
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Toyota Yaris
- Mitsubishi Colt
- Holden Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Suzuki Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Suzuki Swift Reviews
- Holden Cruze Reviews
- Mazda 2 Reviews
- Mitsubishi Lancer Reviews
- Toyota Yaris Reviews
- Mitsubishi Colt Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Mitsubishi Hatchback Range
- Mitsubishi Sedan Range
- Suzuki Hatchback Range
- Suzuki Sedan Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Small Cars
- First Car
- Buying tips
Asked by Louis Honeyman
I am turning 18 in a few months and looking to buy my first car. I would like one that is automatic, reliable and built in the late 2000s-early 2010s. I like the Mitsubishi Lancer, but are there other options worth considering? I've heard of issues with the Holden Cruze, are they significant enough to stay away?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Nov 2016
Do not buy a Cruze, or buy a European brand. They will prove costly. It's best to go for the cars that are well proven over many years. The Lancer is a good one, but so too is the Toyota Yaris or Corolla, Suzuki Swift, Mazda2 or 3, or Mitsubishi Colt.
Other Mitsubishi Lancer problems
- Should the thermatic fan run constantly in a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer?
- What is included on the 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer InStyle?
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2010: Are there any known problems?
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2017: At what impact should airbags deploy?
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2000: How do I know if my car is sub model or performance?
Most viewed in Advice
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers