What is the best car to tow a camper trailer?
- Mazda CX-5
- Kia Sportage
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Suzuki Advice
- Mazda CX-5 Reviews
- Kia Sportage Reviews
- Mitsubishi Outlander Reviews
- Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews
- Kia SUV Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Suzuki SUV Range
Asked by Fiona
I’m looking to upgrade my car to something that will sometimes tow a camper trailer what would be the best car?
Answered by CarsGuide26 Jul 2019
Camper trailers typically weigh in the range of 850 kg to 1200 kg without the extra weight of things like food, bedding, clothes, etc. so it’s probably best to look at a compact SUV. A Mazda CX5 will tow up to 1800 kg, which would seem to fit your needs. Then there’s a Kia Sportage (1600 kg), Mitsubishi Outlander (1600 kg), or Suzuki Grand Vitara (1600 kg).
Other Mazda CX-5 problems
- What may have caused my Mazda CX-5 to suddenly stall?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What car should I buy now that my Mazda 6 doesn't suit my needs?
- Why does my Mazda CX-5 2013 have an excessive amount of condensation?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers