What should I be aware of purchasing a used car?
- Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Yaris 2016
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Yaris Reviews
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Avril Lim
I came across a 3-month-old 2016 Toyota Yaris Ascent auto with only 60 km and 9 months rego from a private seller. It was advertised for $15,000 without government charges. It is a brand new replacement car from an insurance claim according to the seller. It is owned, not a financing car. This is my first time purchasing a second hand car and would like to know if this is a safe buy, and if there is anything else that I should be aware of?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Jan 2017
On the surface it seems a good deal, the price is about right for that model. You will need to pay a transfer fee of $38.30 and stamp duty of $630 to transfer the ownership into your name. Make sure the person selling it actually owns it by checking the ownership papers, and try to find out more about the insurance claim story. It would also be worth having the car checked by the motoring club in your state.
Other Toyota Yaris problems
- What cars with high seats and a big boot do you recommend?
- Toyota Yaris 2011 and Honda Jazz 2005: Engine longevity
- Toyota Yaris: Is it suitable for off-road driving?
- Toyota Yaris 2006: Doors will not open
- Toyota Yaris 2008: Why aren't my brake lights working?
- What is the cheapest Toyota?
- Toyota Yaris: Key replacement
- Which small hatch should I buy for $15,000?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list