- Subaru Outback
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Outback Reviews
- Subaru SUV Range
- People mover
- Family Cars
Asked by Melinda
Do you think Subaru Australia would consider coming to the party like American Subaru and extend warranties in regards to what I believe to be a problem good enough for a recall? My Outback is only 8 years old, I bought it new, and it now is off the road needing to have the torque converter replaced. The quote from Subaru to replace is around the $6500, the part needing to be ordered from Japan. It used to do this kick back sound and the last time it did this I thought someone had thrown a rock at my car it was loud, and then the dash went berserk and the "At oil temp", engine and park lights came on and stayed on, the steering was next to go while I was on the highway. This is an extreme amount of money to spend on a vehicle that is only 8 years old. Any advice on how I can approach Subaru Australia?
Answered by CarsGuide26 Apr 2019
The reality is that cars wear out, and yours is now a relatively old one. I don’t see that Subaru should replace the convertor free of charge; after all you have had the use of the convertor for eight years. The best course of action I believe would be to approach Subaru with a request of a good will payment to cover at least a part of the cost.
Other Subaru Outback problems
- How is water getting inside my 2009 Subaru Outback?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Subaru Outback 2001-2009: Any known issues with the head gasket?
- Subaru Outback 2019: CVT issues
- Subaru Outback 2010: What oil and coolant should I use?
Most viewed in Advice
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers