Hyundai ix35 2010: Steering wheel peeling issue?
- Hyundai ix35
- Hyundai IX35 2010
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai ix35 Reviews
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Francois Le Miere
Barry Wood wrote to you recently about the peeling on the steering wheel of his Hyundai iX35. I was wondering if his issue had been resolved and, if so, who can I speak to as I am also experiencing difficulties with my 2010 iX35 and my local Hyundai dealer. I visited my dealer four weeks ago, had photographs taken and I was told they would contact head office and call us back. We visited the dealer again last week but there was no record of our previous visit or any indication our details had been sent to head office. I find it strange they didn't acknowledge there is an issue, particularly as there is a Hyundai service bulletin dated August 30, 2013 outlining the issue and how to repair the problem.
Answered by CarsGuide8 Aug 2016
The peeling of the wheel covering is a known problem on some Hyundai models and Mr Wood got a replacement wheel after I contacted Hyundai. We will just bypass the dealer, who probably deserves a kick, and I will do the same for you with Hyundai headquarters.
Other Hyundai ix35 problems
- Does the Hyundai iX35 engine have any issues?
- Hyundai i35 - Did this model ever exist?
- What are the towing specs of a 2013 Hyundai iX35?
- What engine replacement will work in my 2015 Hyundai iX35?
- Hyundai ix35 2013: What does it mean for the system to be shutting down?
- Hyundai iX35 2015: Why is it beeping?
- What small SUV do you recommend?
- Hyundai ix35 2011: Where do I take my car to fix electrical glitches?