Save the heartache
- Volkswagen Transporter
- Mercedes-Benz Vito
- Mercedes-Benz MB100
- Mitsubishi Express
- Mercedes-Benz Vito 2007
- Mercedes-Benz MB100 2005
- Mitsubishi Express 2007
- Volkswagen Transporter 2007
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Transporter Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Vito Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz MB100 Reviews
- Mitsubishi Express Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Volkswagen Commercial Range
Asked by Charlie Thorn
I WANT to buy a secondhand work van. I have found a MB100 that has done only 47,000km, but I don't know much about them. I have close to $20,000 to spend, and have also looked at the Volkswagen Transporter and the Mercedes-Benz Vito. As this will be the only vehicle I have for a while, I need it to last. Which is the best of the three?
Answered by CarsGuide20 Sep 2007
THE MB100 was built by SsangYong when Mercedes-Benz was getting up close and personal with the South Korean carmaker. It had a Benz badge, but it wasn't of the same quality as a real Benz. I wouldn't like to split the Vito and Transporter. They're both very good vans. If you can stretch your budget a little, you could buy a new Mitsubishi Express and save any heartaches that can sometimes come with a used vehicle. And if you can get away with a smaller van, try a VW Caddy.
Other Volkswagen Transporter problems
- I am looking for a used van... do you have any recommendations?
- Which big family cars do you recommend?
- No help from VW
- VW Transporter stops and stalls
- Ask Smithy Xtra VW Transporter to LPG
- VW Transporter cutting out
- VW Transporter can't handle weight
- Dipstick on diesel
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- The Eight best Electric utes heading to...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
The Eight best Electric utes heading to Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing