VW Transporter cutting out
- Volkswagen Transporter
- Volkswagen Transporter 1995
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Transporter Reviews
- Volkswagen Commercial Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Max Ison
Whilst travelling along the motor in our 1995 five-cylinder petrol VW Transporter will suddenly lose power and finally cutout. After 5-10 minutes it will restart and you can continue your trip, sometimes up to 200 km without any more trouble. You might not have this problem happen for another week, or even a month, but it could happen the next day or two or three times in a day. The last time this occurred it would not restart and had to be towed home. Our mechanic has no idea what the problem could be. The motor has never overheated, the radiator is still full, there are no oil or water leaks visible, or evidence of water in oil. What do you think the problem could be?
Answered by CarsGuide7 Apr 2011
I don't believe the problem is related to the engine itself, instead I would be looking at the fuel and electrical systems.
Other Volkswagen Transporter problems
- Which big family cars do you recommend?
- No help from VW
- VW Transporter stops and stalls
- Ask Smithy Xtra VW Transporter to LPG
- VW Transporter can't handle weight
- Dipstick on diesel
- Ask Smithy Xtra T5 auto issues
- Delayed gears on VW Transporter