Land Rover Discovery 2016: Buying tips
- Land Rover Discovery
- Land Rover Discovery 2016
- Land Rover Advice
- Land Rover Discovery Reviews
- Land Rover SUV Range
- Land Rover
- People mover
- Off road
- Buying tips
- Buyers Guide
Asked by David
I'm thinking of purchasing a 2016 Land Rover Discovery HSE SD6 for pulling a Tvan camper across Australia. This used vehicle has never been taken off road, but that would not be the case with me. Before and after any extended off-road trip I would have the Disco serviced, but I have been told that in the event the Disco needs repair finding parts in the outback stations would be harder for a Disco compared to a Toyota 4x4, simply because we see more Toyota's around. Is this true? Does it matter if the Disco is carefully inspected prior to a trip? Do Toyota's breakdown more often compared to a Disco? Any thoughts?
Answered by CarsGuide10 May 2019
There are more Toyotas seen in the bush because they have a reputation for reliability. As a result there are many more dealerships around the bush, and mechanics are more familiar with fixing them when necessary, but should the Disco break down for some reason parts are only a phone call away in one of our capital cities or major towns. Checking the vehicle before going away on a trip is always a good idea, but that won’t necessarily mean it won’t break down.
Other Land Rover Discovery problems
- Should I sell my 2005 Land Rover Discovery?
- Land Rover Discovery 2017: Need replacing due to major problems
- Land Rover Discovery 2018: Leaking sunroof
- Is the Land Rover Discovery known for problems?
- Best used 7-seat SUV under $30k
- Best vehicle for towing a horse float?
- Toyota LandCruiser: replacement for a 100 series
- Things to look for on a Discovery 3
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Land Rover
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?