Is the Land Rover Discovery known for problems?
- Land Rover Discovery
- Land Rover Discovery 2017
- Land Rover Advice
- Land Rover Discovery Reviews
- Land Rover SUV Range
- Land Rover
- Prestige & Luxury Cars
Asked by Rhonda
We are having problems with the 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE TD6 we bought in August. It's been back to the shop six times for various reasons, mainly for the infotainment system. We've had the air con try and cook us to death, set to 16 on air con it was coming out at 30+ degrees, we've had problems with the cushioned air suspension, the reverse camera (which goes hand in hand with the infotainment unit), and now when towing our caravan we smelt smoke and the car was hazy inside. We stopped and lifted bonnet and there was smoke from the engine, a Good Samaritan stopped to see if he could help and found oil underneath. We called roadside assistance, they can tell there’s an oil leak, but because of the bash plates etc. can't see where it's coming from. Is this normal for a Land Rover Discovery? Do we have a lemon? And do you have any information on lemon laws?
Answered by CarsGuide18 May 2018
There are no ‘lemon’ laws in Australia, but there are laws to protect consumers in the case of faulty products. Contact the ACCC for info on those laws. You don’t say, so I will assume the problems with the air con and the infotainment system have been rectified, and the oil leak is under investigation. On that basis I don’t believe you have cause to think you have a ‘lemon’. Fix the oil leak and carry on.
Other Land Rover Discovery problems
- Should I sell my 2005 Land Rover Discovery?
- Land Rover Discovery 2017: Need replacing due to major problems
- Land Rover Discovery 2016: Buying tips
- Land Rover Discovery 2018: Leaking sunroof
- Best used 7-seat SUV under $30k
- Best vehicle for towing a horse float?
- Toyota LandCruiser: replacement for a 100 series
- Things to look for on a Discovery 3
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Land Rover
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?