Land Rover Discovery 2018: Leaking sunroof
- Land Rover Discovery
- Land Rover Discovery 2018
- Land Rover Advice
- Land Rover Discovery Reviews
- Land Rover SUV Range
- Land Rover
- Off road
Asked by Leroy
During the recent Melbourne Cup Day downpour our new 2018 Land Rover Discovery leaked around the front of the fixed sunroof. We had water coming through overhead lights and microphone points, which dripped onto the centre console. The water also travelled via the driver’s side pillar and leaked out of the switch plate near the driver’s right knee position. The driver’s side seat and carpet are also wet. We have left the car at the dealer’s and have requested it be replaced or refunded. Is this a fair call?
Answered by CarsGuide30 Nov 2018
Based on what you’ve told us it would seem to be a fair call, but I’m guessing that Land Rover won’t be keen to come to the party and will attempt to repair your car. But being so new, and knowing the damage that water can do to a car I would also be keen to have it replaced.
Other Land Rover Discovery problems
- Should I sell my 2005 Land Rover Discovery?
- Land Rover Discovery 2017: Need replacing due to major problems
- Land Rover Discovery 2016: Buying tips
- Is the Land Rover Discovery known for problems?
- Best used 7-seat SUV under $30k
- Best vehicle for towing a horse float?
- Toyota LandCruiser: replacement for a 100 series
- Things to look for on a Discovery 3
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Land Rover
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Best small cars under $20,000