Honda Jazz 2008: What's the difference between models?
Asked by Peter
What is the difference between the VTi 5D Hatchback GE (1.5) and VTi 5D Hatchback MY06 (1.5)?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Mar 2020
There’s a bit of detail missing from your question, Peter, but I’ll take a stab in the dark and guess that you’re talking about the Honda Jazz city car. The MY06 Jazz was, in fact, known as the GD model, while the GE you’re comparing it with was released in 2008.
The GE was an all-new model Jazz, so fundamentally they’re entirely different cars. Yes, they share a similar mechanical specification and share a place in terms of their market segments, but beyond that, the GE is a newer design with better dynamics and superior safety levels.
If you can afford the later GE model, then it would definitely be a better car.
Other Honda Jazz problems
- I have a CVT transmission in my car. It has a jerky response in stop/start traffic, in Eco mode and when slowly accelerating... Is this normal for this transmission?
- Looking at a second-hand Jazz for our eldest's first car. Does the engine have a timing belt or chain?
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Which generation Honda Jazz had a transmission issue related to the CVT?
- Toyota Yaris 2011 and Honda Jazz 2005: Engine longevity
- Should I buy a used Honda Jazz?
- Honda Jazz 2018: Can I increase the legroom in my car?
- Honda Jazz 2007: Transmission problems
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- New vs used
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- P plate legal cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Honda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
New vs used
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
P plate legal cars in Australia