What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Ford Focus
- Honda HR-V
- Honda Jazz
- Ford Focus 2016
- Ford Advice
- Honda Advice
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Honda HR-V Reviews
- Honda Jazz Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford SUV Range
- Honda Hatchback Range
- Honda SUV Range
Asked by Neane
I have a 2016 Ford Focus LZ Hatch which I love but the back seats are not very dog-friendly. The seats are quite high and my dog hits his back legs sometimes when jumping in. I like a small car but not too small as I have added to the pack so will be transporting two large dogs. None of the ramps I have looked at work with my Focus as the passenger door does not open wide enough. Is the Honda HRV my only option in terms of having adjustable back seats?
Answered by CarsGuide24 Jun 2021
If you like the idea of the Honda but don’t want such a physically large package, take a look at the Honda Jazz. Yes, it’s probably one size down from your current Focus, but its interior is very spacious for its external dimensions. It’s also the car that has probably the most versatile interior in terms of flexible seating arrangements with a rear seat that folds, slides and tumbles. It also has normal ride height (as opposed to the jacked-up stance that SUVs boast) so your dog may find it easier to jump in without hitting anything. Beyond that, you really need to visit dealerships and check for yourself that rear doors, rear seats and general layout suit your very specific canine requirements.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
- Where is the fuel filter located in my 2010 Ford Focus?
- Can I use a 2001 Ford Focus motor in my 2002 Ford Focus?
- What octane rating fuel should I be using in my 2014 Ford Focus?
- Can I upgrade the steering wheel for a 2007 Ford Focus to add more controls?
- Would a 2004 Ford Focus sedan windshield fit in 2002 Ford Focus hatchback?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cars that start with E
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cars that start with E
Cars that start with G