What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Ford Focus
- Honda HR-V
- Honda Jazz
- Ford Focus 2016
- Ford Advice
- Honda Advice
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Honda HR-V Reviews
- Honda Jazz Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford SUV Range
- Honda Hatchback Range
- Honda SUV Range
Asked by Neane
I have a 2016 Ford Focus LZ Hatch which I love but the back seats are not very dog-friendly. The seats are quite high and my dog hits his back legs sometimes when jumping in. I like a small car but not too small as I have added to the pack so will be transporting two large dogs. None of the ramps I have looked at work with my Focus as the passenger door does not open wide enough. Is the Honda HRV my only option in terms of having adjustable back seats?
Answered by CarsGuide24 Jun 2021
If you like the idea of the Honda but don’t want such a physically large package, take a look at the Honda Jazz. Yes, it’s probably one size down from your current Focus, but its interior is very spacious for its external dimensions. It’s also the car that has probably the most versatile interior in terms of flexible seating arrangements with a rear seat that folds, slides and tumbles. It also has normal ride height (as opposed to the jacked-up stance that SUVs boast) so your dog may find it easier to jump in without hitting anything. Beyond that, you really need to visit dealerships and check for yourself that rear doors, rear seats and general layout suit your very specific canine requirements.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Will parts from a 2007 Ford Focus interchange with my 2003 Ford Focus SE?
- On my 2003 Ford Focus the rev counter, speedometer and temperature gauges only work on and off...
- My Ford Focus has now been back to the dealer five times to try to fix the dreaded and well-known transmission problem...
- Will a Ford Focus radiator work on a 2002 Ford Cougar?
- The front passenger tyre on my 2006 Ford Focus fell off. Are the axles on the 2002 and 2006 Ford Focus interchangeable?
- I need a new front driver's door for my 2014 Ford Focus, will a 2012 or 2016 Ford Focus door work?
- Will headlights from a 2005 Ford Focus interchange with a 2000 Ford Focus?
- Should I sell my 2004 Ford Focus to the wreckers?
Most viewed in Advice
- Five best small cars in Australia
- The history of old Holden cars in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Everything you need to know about BYD cars
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Five best small cars in Australia
The history of old Holden cars in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Everything you need to know about BYD cars
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?