Should I replace my 2011 Carnival?
- Kia Carnival
- Mercedes-Benz Valente
- Volkswagen Multivan
- Kia Carnival 2011
- Mercedes-Benz Valente 2012
- Volkswagen Multivan 2012
- Kia Advice
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Kia Carnival Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Valente Reviews
- Volkswagen Multivan Reviews
- Kia People mover Range
- Kia Wagon Range
- Mercedes-Benz People mover Range
- Mercedes-Benz Wagon Range
- Volkswagen People mover Range
- Volkswagen Wagon Range
- Family Cars
- 7 seater
Asked by Erin Gurr
Our regularly serviced 2011 Kia Carnival has a sludged-up engine at 90,000 km. We were recommended a new engine, but it is a few months out of warranty, and we are the second owner, so our goodwill warranty claim was denied. We're looking at getting a 2012 VW Multivan or 2012 Mercedes Valente to replace it? We are thinking the Kia Carnival is not worth fixing? What are your thoughts? We have 4 kids under 6 years old and a budget of $25,000 if we were to buy a new car.
Answered by CarsGuide3 Mar 2017
I would get a second opinion on the Kia's engine before you do anything else. A sludged-up engine suggests a lack of servicing, but if no damage has occurred you might be able to salvage it. I wouldn't recommend either a Multivan or Valente, those you are looking at are too old and potentially too expensive to run and repair. A seven-seat SUV might be a better option.
Other Kia Carnival problems
- What should I do to fix problems on a Kia Carnival 2009 that isn't covered by the warranty?
- What Does GUV Stand for?
- Kia Carnival 2018: Can the software be updated to support Android Auto?
- Kia Carnival 2005: Where can I find an electrical wiring manual?
- What are the best 7-seat SUV's?
- Kia Carnival 2017: Error message on nav
- What is the most expensive Kia?
- Is it worth getting a secondhand replacement engine for my 2004 Kia Carnival?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- P plate legal cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Kia
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
P plate legal cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with electric cars