Should I buy the Toyota C-HR Hybrid of the Camry HL Hybrid?
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota C-HR
- Toyota Camry 2019
- Toyota C-HR 2020
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Camry Reviews
- Toyota C-HR Reviews
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Brian
I am considering buying a petrol/electric Hybrid and I was wondering what your advice would be in comparing the Toyota C-HR Hybrid vs Toyota Camry HL Hybrid. My price range is between $25,000-$35,000 for an approx. one-year-old car.
Answered by CarsGuide11 Sep 2019
Unfortunately the C-HR Hybrid isn't yet on sale in Australia, though it is likely to be available here in 2020.
If you can't wait that long, the Corolla Hybrid could be a great option for you. That is, unless you need a big back seat, a big boot or a full size spare wheel... You only get a full size spare on the top-spec ZR, which is beyond the budget, and no Corolla hatch has a big back seat or boot. There is a Corolla sedan coming in November, which will have a big boot and bigger back seat.
The Camry Hybrid is a much bigger car, and offers a lot more accommodation as a result. It's a big, lovely car - one we'd wholeheartedly recommend. And you should be able to fine one under $30k less than 12 months old.
Otherwise, check out the Corolla Hybrid (SX would be our recommendation), and you might even be able to get one brand new within your budget.
Test drive them both, and let us know how you go!
Other Toyota C-HR problems
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- What car should I replace my 2011 Hyundai i20 with?
- What car should I buy?
- Toyota C-HR 2017: How do I change the language in my car?
- What cars are easy to get in and out of?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
- Every electric car available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
Every electric car available in Australia