Do you recommend buying a Toyota Corolla?
- Mazda 3
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Corolla 2019
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Buying tips
- Budget cars
Asked by Sue
I am replacing my car after it was written off. I’ve been told by many mechanics, those in the car trade etc., that the Toyota Corolla is a great car that just keeps on keeping on. I want a near new model and would prefer a hybrid and definitely a hatchback. The drawbacks with the latest Corolla hybrids seem to be the very small boot space and no Apple car play. I have approx. $20,000. Which is the best year for a recent Corolla and do you have any other suggestions?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Mar 2019
The Corolla is a safe bet for anyone when recommending a car to buy. It has a good reputation for reliability, and its resale is always good. The best one to buy is the latest one that fits within your budget. Another to consider is the Mazda3.
Other Toyota Corolla problems
- What is the weight carrying capacity of the roof of a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- Do the Toyota Corolla hybrid tyre repair kits actually work?
- How to replace the key battery for a 2012 Toyota Corolla?
- Does the 2012 Toyota Corolla have a timing chain or timing belt?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- What's the resale value of a Volkswagen Golf and a Toyota Corolla?
- How do I find a reputable mechanic in my area?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Best small cars under $20,000