What is the weight carrying capacity of the roof of a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Corolla 2020
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Shauna
I have two kayaks I want to carry on my car over short distances. What is the weight carrying capacity of the roof of a 2020 Toyota Corolla Conquest hatchback?
Answered by CarsGuide8 Jan 2021
The answer will depend on what brand and type of roof rack you use. Different brands of racks have different ratings, but most seem to be able to cope with between 60 and 75kg.
That then switches the question to what size kayaks you have. A small, single kayak is likely to be around the 15kg mark, while a large, double kayak can weigh anything up to 45kg. You need to weigh your kayaks together and then work out if they’re suitable for roof-rack transport. Either way, a quality rack will always be a safer bet than a cheap one. Make sure, too, that the rack you choose has fixing points appropriate for the load being carried.
Other Toyota Corolla problems
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- Do the Toyota Corolla hybrid tyre repair kits actually work?
- How to replace the key battery for a 2012 Toyota Corolla?
- Does the 2012 Toyota Corolla have a timing chain or timing belt?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- What's the resale value of a Volkswagen Golf and a Toyota Corolla?
- How do I find a reputable mechanic in my area?
- What used hybrid should I buy?