Should I buy a Hyundai Kona or Honda HR-V?
- Honda HR-V
- Hyundai Kona
- Honda Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Honda HR-V Reviews
- Hyundai Kona Reviews
- Honda SUV Range
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Small Cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Stephen
I started watching you guys on YouTube since I am in the market for leasing a new car and had a general question for you. I am looking for a small size SUV such as the Hyundai Kona, Honda HRV etc but there is so much information out there that I am having a hard time narrowing down the best overall pick. Safety is my number one priority followed by how it drives and the interior of the vehicle. Decent trunk space would be great. I was wondering if you have any recommendations on what small SUV's fit these criteria? I am in New York State.
Answered by CarsGuide18 Mar 2021
It’s nice to see that the worldwide web has put Carsguide in touch with people in the USA and that they’re prepared to ask for advice from half a planet away. Meanwhile, if safety is your number one priority, then you really need to find a vehicle with all the latest driver aids such as autonomous emergency braking, lane-keeping assistance and rear-cross-traffic alert. These are the new safety must-haves now that air-bags, stability control and other systems are considered par for the course.
The catch with your situation (from our point of view) is that the vehicles we assess and test in Australia don’t necessarily correlate with the North American buying experience. The specifications of Australian-delivered cars don’t always line up with those of a USA-market vehicle, and that can mean that the safety kit fitted here isn’t mirrored by the same make and model sold on your side of the pond. Don’t forget, too, that some makes and models (Hyundai and Kia are good examples) often feature Australian input into the suspension and steering settings to make them more palatable to an Australian audience. As a result, the same car without that input (such as the version sold in the US) might drive very differently.
Other Hyundai Kona problems
- How do I tell if a 2019 Hyundai Kona is AWD or FWD?
- Is it normal for a 2018 Hyundai Kona to have a rusty muffler after three years?
- Should I buy a 2021 Hyundai Kona or 2021 VW T-Roc?
- What is the rubbing noise behind the wheel of my 2019 Hyundai Kona?
- What is the grating noise behind the wheel of my 2018 Hyundai Kona?
- Which small SUV should I buy to replace my Hyundai Tucson?
- Why won't my 2020 Hyundai Kona electric not open or start?
- What are the pros and cons of a 2018 MG ZS?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Five most expensive Rolls-Royce cars in the...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Five most expensive Rolls-Royce cars in the world
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars in Australia