Toyota Prado: Cracked dashboard
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2004
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Lalit Bhalla
There are massive cracks on the left and right side of the dash in my dash 2004 Toyota Prado Grande 2004. I have been advised to contact Toyota about it, they are said to be aware of the problem and will oblige. The car has only done 147,000 km and is well maintained and regularly serviced. The local dealership refused to assist and told me to contact Toyota. I did, but Toyota has refused to accept responsibility and has declined my claim. They said that it was out of warranty and not an (OEM) original equipment manufacture fault. One of the senior mechanics in our local area has advised that it is very dangerous to drive the car since the cracks are around the airbags and could burst out during driving causing serious accident. What are my options?
Answered by CarsGuide29 Aug 2014
Cracking dashboards have been a problem on Prados of your vintage for a long time, and Toyota was fixing some when the cars were newer. Yours is 10 years old, and from your description of the cracks they have been there for some time now, which makes me wonder why you have left it until now to make your claim. Toyota has in the past assured us that the cracking does not affect the operation of the airbags or compromise safety.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser Prado problems
- Why is my horn and reversing camera not working?
- The paint on my 2007 Toyota Prado is peeling off, what should I do?
- Can I replace the master cylinder on my 2000 Toyota Prado with a second-hand one?
- Why is the media screen on my 2015 Toyota LandCruiser Prado now in Japanese?
- How much is my 2011 Toyota Landcruiser Prado worth?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Toyota LandCruiser Prado: What's the difference between the 2018 and 2019 GXL models?
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2013: Radio problems