Is the 2017 Mustang V8 safe enough to buy?
- Ford Mustang
- Ford Mustang 2017
- Ford Advice
- Ford Mustang Reviews
- Ford Convertible Range
- Ford Coupe Range
- Buying tips
- Sports cars
Asked by Jeff
I'm looking at buying a 2017 Ford Mustang V8. EuroNCAP gave it 2 stars due to lack of safety functions such as lane changing and AEB etc. These items are not important to us but what is, is the fact that both the driver and front passenger airbags didn't deploy/inflate properly and the driver hit the steering wheel and passenger the dash. Ford isn't addressing the airbag issue and it makes us wonder if this is still a safe car to drive if the airbags don't work properly. Your thoughts?
Answered by CarsGuide10 Mar 2017
Ford says that the Mustang has met all relevant safety standards in America, which they say demonstrates that it is a safe car. But the Mustang is now a relatively old model, having gone on sale in the USA in 2014, and it doesn't have some of the safety features most other cars have. While it's lacking in some areas, it's not an inherently unsafe car, it's just not as safe as other cars that have a 5-star rating. Ford says the 2018 model will have features such as AEB, so perhaps wait for that.
Other Ford Mustang problems
- Is the 2018 V8 Mustang worth the money?
- Should I buy a demo car?
- When will the 2018 Mustang arrive in Australia?
- Will a twin-turbo Mustang come to Australia?
- Car bra or clear plastic covering, which is better?
- Mustang, 370Z, IS350F, 86 or MX-5?
- Is Ford looking to increase Mustang production volume?
- Mustang waiting times for employees?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures