How to lower a Mazda 3?
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 3 2018
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Karina
How to lower a Mazda 3?
Answered by CarsGuide10 Aug 2018
When you lower a car you are normally simply swapping the coil springs for lower, stiffer units which reduce the ride height of the car, and makes the suspension firmer as there is less space for soft coils to absorb the bumps you drive over on the road. It requires specialised tools like coil spring compressors to safely remove the old suspension (which is held under tension) and fit the new parts. Sometimes you will need to replace the dampers (shock absorbers) with new units suited to the lowered ride height, too, and you will always need to get a new wheel alignment done by professionals once done. Due to the risks to your safety and the legality of your car, you should only have a professional suspension workshop lower your car for you - people have been killed while lowering their cars, such is the potential danger of this job.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Are we going to see the new Mazda 3 turbo AWD in Australia?
- Can you advise whether the Mazda 3 has a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What are the safety issues of the 2011 Mazda 3?
- What should I replace my 2015 Mazda 3 Maxx Hatch with?
- Mazda 4 - A bigger hatchback than the 3?
- Mazda MX3 - What ever happened to the Eunos 30X?
- Mazda 9 - Will we ever see a successor to the 929?
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?
Most viewed in Advice
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- Best cars for P platers
- How much does a car salesperson earn in...
- Caravan vs camper trailer vs motorhome - how...
- Cars that start with X
- Everything you need to know to pass your...
- Is it illegal for passengers to drink in a...
- Selling your car privately or to a dealer
- 4x4 or 4x2 high rider ute | which is best for...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
Best cars for P platers
How much does a car salesperson earn in Australia?
Caravan vs camper trailer vs motorhome - how to choose the right one for you
Cars that start with X
Everything you need to know to pass your driving test (update)
Is it illegal for passengers to drink in a car?
Selling your car privately or to a dealer
4x4 or 4x2 high rider ute | which is best for me?