Will modifying my car void the warranty?
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2011
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Peter Rowe
I am about to purchase a new Mitsubishi Triton diesel with a 5-year/130,000 km warranty, but have had conflicting opinions about the effect on the warranty if I add optional extras from ARB such as a bull bar, spot lights and snorkel, and have electrical connections provided for towing my caravan. As these extras cost significantly more to buy through the car dealer? I would welcome your advice.
Answered by CarsGuide15 Sep 2011
The warranty covers the car as it is delivered from the factory, any modification made to it after that can have affect it. It doesn't void the warranty completely, but it does affect the parts of the car that have been modified to fit the accessories. The bottom line is that if the accessory or its installation causes a failure on the car the warranty won't cover repairs.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Cars that start with E
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Cars that start with G
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with N
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Cars that start with D
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Cars that start with E
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Cars that start with G
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with N
Best small cars under $20,000
Cars that start with D