1. Set your seat for the correct driving position. This should be with the steering wheel close enough so your arm held straight will touch the top of the steering wheel with your wrist and when holding the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock, you arms are comfortably bent.
2. Tilt your head as far as you can comfortably go to the right and adjust the right wing mirror so you can only just see the rear of your car.
3. Tilt to the left and do the left mirror the same way.
4. Adjust your windscreen mirror so it is centred on the rear window.
5. Test for blind spots by getting a friend to walk around the rear of the car from one side to the other and watch them move from mirror to mirror without a blind spot.