Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
Asked by Madi
Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power? It happens after driving for four hours off-road. I will be driving home and it will slowly lose power, struggling to accelerate. I disconnect the battery and the car is fine again, then slowly loses power. Intercooler hose is not split, no warning lights are on and has recently been serviced.
Answered by CarsGuide8 Feb 2021
You can probably rule out anything like a split turbo hose as this would cause the vehicle to lose power all the time, not just after prolonged use. Modern turbo-diesels like the one in your car use a range of electronic sensors and controls to keep everything running properly. It could easily be that a sensor is sending erroneous messages to the computer. An electronic scan of the vehicle should offer some answers.
The other possibility is that the fuel system is not keeping up with the engine over time. This could be due to a blocked filter, a blocked fuel line or return line or even a fuel pump overheating. A check of the fuel system would also be in order.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Are the front drive shafts and CV joints of the 2021 Mazda BT-50 interchangeable with the Isuzu D-max?
- I have been away and on returning my 2018 3.2 Mazda BT-50 auto is making a clunk noise when going into drive or reverse.
- I have a Mazda BT-50 2013 it has a diesel engine, however I am having a starting issue whenever the engine gets hot.
- My 2021 Mazda BT-50 ute's engine light is on and the vehicle won't go above 50km/h or out of second gear.
- Why is my 2016 Mazda BT-50 3.2-litre using 14 litres per 100kms?
- What do I do if a dealer gives me and incorrect quote?
- I'm having problems with my Mazda BT50 twin-cab pick-up order
- Why is my 2012 Mazda BT-50 making a scraping noise?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia