What is causing the clutch to get stuck in my 2013 Ford Ranger?
- Ford Ranger
- Ford Advice
- Ford Ranger Reviews
- Ford Commercial Range
- Ford Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Alexio
The clutch lever in my 2013 Ranger goes down and gets stuck. The gear lever locks and only unlocks when clutch lever is lifted up. I fitted a new clutch kit three months ago. What could be the problem?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Sep 2020
A clutch pedal that won’t return is either sticking (due to friction) has a broken or weak return spring or is throwing out beyond the point it should (like an athlete hyper-extending their knee). How that’s related to the gear-lever locking up is anybody’s guess, but it’s true that if the clutch isn’t disengaging properly (which could be the case if the clutch pedal isn’t doing its thing properly) then the car will refuse to select gears and that can feel like the lever is jammed. Switch the engine off and see if the gears will then select. If so, I’d say the clutch is not disengaging and you may have to pull it all apart again to find out why.
Other Ford Ranger problems
- Why does my 2015 Ford Ranger cut out for no reason?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why does the fifth gear pop out of my 2007 Ford Ranger when I drive on the highway?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Is the Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-Max or VW Amarok best for towing a 2.8 tonne caravan?
- What are the known problems for a 2016 Ford Ranger?
- Why is the engine in my 2010 Ford Ranger losing power?
- Why is my 2018 Ford Ranger making a loud crunching noise?
Most viewed in Advice
- Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol six-cylinder motor
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
When to use low range in your 4x4