What are the common faults of the 2006 Holden Adventra?
- Holden Adventra
- Holden Adventra 2006
- Holden Advice
- Holden Adventra Reviews
- Holden SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Gregory
I'm looking at buying a 2006 Holden Adventra, what are the common faults of this vehicle?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Aug 2020
The vast majority of complaints regarding the Holden Adventra emanate from under the bonnet. In the case of the V8 version (the CX8) the engine is a bit prone to experiencing wear in the top-end of the motor, namely the lifters and valves springs. A ticking noise when the car is first started each morning is the clue to this and although a lot of these engines will, indeed, make this noise on start-up, if the noise doesn’t go away in a few seconds, you have a problem.
The V6 (CX6) meanwhile which was available in the later version used the DOHC Alloytech engine which soon gained a reputation for stretched timing chains which needed to be replaced at a fairly substantial cost. The first hint that all is not well is a rattling noise from the top of the engine, combined (often) with a check-engine light illuminated on the dashboard.
Beyond those issues, many owners have complained about poor fuel economy and patchy build quality. Make sure, too, that any prospective purchase hasn’t been used off-road beyond its limits. Just because it used a higher ride height and all-wheel-drive did not mean the Adventra was a hard-core off-roader.
Other Holden Adventra problems
- Manual for Adventra's Crosstrack AWD system?
- Secondhand Holden Adventras
- Ask Smithy Xtra Adventra economy
- Ask Smithy Xtra Holden Adventra cold air induction
- Powerless steering
- Fuel and his money
- Traps in lpg switch
- I want to gas up
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia