Misfiring Polo upon idle
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Polo 2011
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Polo Reviews
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Ashley Gamble
My friend bought a new VW Polo 1.2 tsi late last year and it misfires while idling. The dealers tried fixing it, but then advised that head office said it was normal even though other Polos don't misfire. Consumer Affairs spoke to VW head office about it but they apparently know nothing about my friend's case even though my friend has emails from the dealer saying they have been liaising with VW head office about her case. Both dealer and head office are refusing responsibility and say the car is within normal limits. Since when is an engine 'misfire' normal? If that's Volkswagen's attitude to their customers then I won't be recommending them to anyone. Any ideas what my friend can do?
Answered by CarsGuide30 Jun 2011
Consult a reputable VW specialist to get an independent opinion on the misfire, what it is and whether it is normal. Armed with that advice go back to the dealer and VW and ask for a meeting to discuss/ resolve the issue in the hope of finding a way forward. If that fails then go to the consumer affairs people in your state.
Other Volkswagen Polo problems
- What can I do about the faulty AEB on my 2018 Volkswagen Polo?
- How is oil mixing with coolant in my 2015 Volkswagen Polo?
- My new used 2010 Volkswagen Polo already has problems, what should I do?
- Volkswagen Polo 2016: Why is my car reversing when in drive?
- What is the durability and re-sale value of a used car?
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Car won't reverse
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Gearbox failed
- Volkswagen Polo 2014: losing water
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
12 best EVs available in Australia
When to use low range in your 4x4