What vehicle can I put my small motor home on?
- Toyota HiLux
- Nissan Navara
- Nissan 720
- Toyota HiLux 2004
- Nissan 720 1985
- Nissan Navara 2004
- Mazda Advice
- Nissan Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Nissan 720 Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota Ute Range
Asked by Stan Towers
I HAVE a small motor home sitting on a 1985 Nissan 720 twin cab with a lazy axle, but I've discovered it has a cracked chassis. Can I put the body on a single-axle, long-wheel-base one-tonne vehicle, such as a Nissan Navara, Mazda Bravo or a Toyota Hilux?
Answered by CarsGuide12 Nov 2004
HAVE you thought about repairing the chassis? Cracking is not necessarily the end of the world. I'd check with a chassis specialist who can inspect the cracking and determine if it's worth repairing. If you are intent on fitting the body to another vehicle it comes down to the weight of the camper body. Think about the weight when it's fully laden with all the gear you plan to take with you. The vehicles you're thinking of are nominally one-tonne utes, so they should do the job providing your camper is one tonne or less when full of gear.
Other Nissan problems
- Does a 2011 Nissan Navara Turbo have a timing belt or chain warning light?
- How do I take my Nissan Navara out of limp mode?
- My Nissan Qashqai has been serviced but a systems warning fault is still coming up on my screen.
- How can I fix a faulty clock spring in a 2012 Nissan X-Trail?
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- Nissan X-Trail diesel problems
- Why is my car using too much fuel and stalling?
- My 2002 Nissan X-Trail 2002 is struggling to change gears
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Who invented the first car and when was it made?