Ford Focus or Mitsubishi Lancer: Which is a better hatchback?
- Mazda 3
- Toyota Corolla
- Ford Focus
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Ford Focus 2011
- Toyota Corolla 2011
- Mazda 3 2011
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2011
- Ford Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Mitsubishi Lancer Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mitsubishi Hatchback Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
Asked by Mady
I’m after a decent sized hatchback no older than 2011 and tossing up between a Ford Focus and Mitsubishi Lancer mainly. I understand there was a recall on the 2011-2015 Ford Focus; should I steer clear of them for this reason? Need a car to be safe, reliable and good on fuel. Do you have any suggestions of other cars? I’m looking at a budget of $10,000.
Answered by CarsGuide12 Oct 2018
Don’t buy a Focus, they are plagued with automatic transmission troubles, don’t buy a Holden Cruze either, as they also have problems with their automatic transmission. The Lancer is fine; you could also look at a Mazda 3 or Toyota Corolla.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
- Where is the fuel filter located in my 2010 Ford Focus?
- Can I use a 2001 Ford Focus motor in my 2002 Ford Focus?
- What octane rating fuel should I be using in my 2014 Ford Focus?
- Can I upgrade the steering wheel for a 2007 Ford Focus to add more controls?
- Would a 2004 Ford Focus sedan windshield fit in 2002 Ford Focus hatchback?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers