Suzuki Swift 2013: Should I use insurance to fix my car?
- Suzuki Swift
- Suzuki Swift 2013
- Suzuki Advice
- Suzuki Swift Reviews
- Suzuki Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
- Car Insurance
Asked by Jessica
I have some scratches and minor dents on the passenger side of my 2013 Suzuki Swift and scratches on the bonnet and back bumper and a large scrape from the curb on the driver’s side.
Is it worth making insurance claims, which will set me back approximately $1000 in excess to repair the damage before selling the car?
Answered by CarsGuide7 Sep 2018
Talk to a car detailer to find out how much he would charge to do the repairs and tidy it up. If it’s under $1000 do it that way, otherwise you’re probably best to make a claim.
CarsGuide does not operate under an Australian financial services licence and relies on the exemption available under section 911A(2)(eb) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) in respect of any advice given. Any advice on this site is general in nature and does not take into consideration your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider these and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
Other Suzuki Swift problems
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Suzuki Swift 2012: Transmission "slipping" when going up hills
- Suzuki Swift 2008: Can it run on E10 (94) fuel?
- Suzuki Swift 2005: Why is my car making noise?
- Suzuki Swift 2005: Loud noise while driving
- Suzuki Swift: Replacement key cost
- Which hatchback should I buy?
- Why does my car stop running?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Suzuki
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia