Mazda BT-50 2013: Motor problems
- Mazda BT-50
- Mazda BT-50 2013
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Mazda Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by John
Whilst driving my 2013 Mazda BT-50 the motor feels like it has a speed limiter on each gear, it gets to a certain speed or revs (around 3000 rpm), and it feels like an anchor is dropped and I lose power. The check engine lamp comes on and I need to restart the motor. The lower gears are the worst with the lack of power. Any ideas on what the problem could be would be appreciated.
Answered by CarsGuide7 Jun 2019
Is it something new, or has it always been this way? I’m wondering if you’re just feeling the diesel engine, which works best at lower engine speeds. Rev it too high and you’ll lose the effect of the diesel torque. It could simply be that, or it could be an electronic problem. Have a mechanic run a diagnostic check on it to see if there is a problem.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Why is my 2019 Mazda BT-50 is losing traction?
- Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Are the fifth and sixth gears in my 2016 Mazda BT-50 overdrive gears?
- Why does the transmission in my 2017 Mazda BT-50 take so long to engage?
- Why has the transmission light come on in my 2012 Mazda BT-50?
- Is there an allowable tolerance for the fitment of the aluminium tray on my 2020 Mazda BT-50?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- What is the speed limit while towing in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
What is the speed limit while towing in Australia?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?