Jaguar vs the Germans
- Jaguar XE
- Jaguar XF
- Jaguar XE 2015
- Jaguar XF 2015
- Jaguar Advice
- Jaguar XE Reviews
- Jaguar XF Reviews
- Jaguar Sedan Range
- Prestige & Luxury Cars
Asked by Grace Fanning
We have owned four models from Jaguar and, apart from the Sovereign, are very happy with this prestige British car. We currently drive a four-year-old XF and are thinking of buying the newly released XE. Will this be a good swap, especially if the smaller size makes parking easier? In general, why do most car writers rate German-made cars such as Benz and BMW higher than Jaguar? We never had any problems with the motor and we find all Jaguar models sit much better on the road, especially on bends. We have driven a German car to make this comparison.
Answered by CarsGuide27 Jul 2015
The XE is a classy car and, after a preview drive in Europe, I think it will work for you as a downsizing choice. Writers rate Jaguar below the Germans because of the make's history and quality, as well as personal experiences of problems.
Other Jaguar problems
- Jaguar XF 2012: Can a general mechanic fix radar-guided cruise control?
- Jaguar F-Type: Are these cars well reviewed?
- Where are Range Rovers made?
- Who owns Range Rover?
- Where are Jaguars made?
- What is the most expensive Jaguar?
- Who owns Land Rover?
- What is the cheapest Jaguar?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Jaguar
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?