Ford Focus 2012: Is it good on the highway?
- Mazda 3
- Honda Civic
- Ford Focus
- Honda Accord
- Hyundai Elantra
- Ford Focus 2012
- Mazda 3 2012
- Honda Civic 2012
- Honda Accord 2012
- Hyundai Elantra 2012
- Ford Advice
- Honda Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Honda Civic Reviews
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Honda Accord Reviews
- Hyundai Elantra Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford Sedan Range
- Honda Hatchback Range
- Honda Sedan Range
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai Sedan Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Andrew
I'm looking for a 4-cylinder car around 2012 to travel on freeways to work everyday for a 60 km round trip. I've heard mixed messages about the Focus. Any help would be great.
Answered by CarsGuide24 Mar 2017
The Focus is a good car with a serious flaw; it has a dual-clutch automatic transmission that gives trouble. I would happily have a 2012 Focus with a manual gearbox, but I wouldn't buy one with a dual-clutch auto. I'd be looking at a Japanese or Korean brand and going for something like a Mazda 3, Honda Civic or Accord, Hyundai Elantra with a good record of reliability.
Other Ford Focus problems
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
- Where is the fuel filter located in my 2010 Ford Focus?
- Can I use a 2001 Ford Focus motor in my 2002 Ford Focus?
- What octane rating fuel should I be using in my 2014 Ford Focus?
- Can I upgrade the steering wheel for a 2007 Ford Focus to add more controls?
- Would a 2004 Ford Focus sedan windshield fit in 2002 Ford Focus hatchback?
Most viewed in Advice
- Everything you need to know about EV motors
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Everything you need to know about EV motors
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia