Ask Smithy Xtra Ranger cruise control recall
- Ford Ranger
- Ford Ranger 2011
- Ford Advice
- Ford Ranger Reviews
- Ford Commercial Range
- Ford Ute Range
Asked by Trevor Lourensz
My Ford Ranger was one of those affected by the recall of the cruise control, and while I received notification of the recall by registered mail I believe that an e-mail message, mobile phone call, or an SMS should be the norm when safety is compromised like this. In a twist I took my vehicle to my dealer to have the cruise control disconnected, but received a call to advise that Ford had advised them that the cruise control was to be completely removed and not disconnected as previously advised, and that I would receive a refund of the cost of the cruise control. I directed them not to attend to my vehicle as I purchased the vehicle with a cruise control and will not have it completely removed for obvious reasons of non replacement, onus on myself etc. I called Ford?s customer service regards my actions and was advised the dealer was ill-advised and that Ford were obliged to have it repaired or replaced. Only Rangers sold from Feb 4, 2011 and unsold vehicles are to have the cruise control removed. I had the customer service person call the dealer while I held the line to ensure the communication was immediately conveyed. I then called the dealer to ensure the communication from Ford Aust was understood. The cruise control will only be disconnected. How come the customer had a sense of urgency and rectified the situation within 15 minutes when ?skilled? professionals are paid to do the job.
Answered by CarsGuide15 Mar 2011
Never take anything for granted, it pays to check and check again if you’re not certain that the work being carried out on your car is what is supposed to be done. Never feel afraid to ask questions, and always remember that you are the customer, the one who has spent the dollars to buy the car.
Other Ford Ranger problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- Can an oil cooler keep the transmission cool in my 2014 Ford Ranger?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Why does my 2015 Ford Ranger cut out for no reason?
- What is causing the clutch to get stuck in my 2013 Ford Ranger?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why does the fifth gear pop out of my 2007 Ford Ranger when I drive on the highway?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cars that start with E
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cars that start with E
Cars that start with G