Pajero a better choice
- Ford Falcon
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Holden Jackaroo
- Ford Falcon 2009
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2009
- Holden Jackaroo 2000
- Holden Jackaroo 2001
- Holden Jackaroo 2002
- Ford Advice
- Holden Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Mitsubishi Pajero Reviews
- Holden Jackaroo Reviews
- Ford SUV Range
- Ford Wagon Range
- Ford Ute Range
- Ford Sedan Range
- Holden SUV Range
- Holden Wagon Range
- Holden Ute Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- Mitsubishi Wagon Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Mitsubishi Sedan Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Dean Burrows
I HAD been planning to buy a 2000-2002 Holden Jackaroo turbo diesel manual, but I need a daily driver and am looking at EF-EL Falcons on dual-fuel. I plan to keep it only eight months, but want to be able to tow with it as well as drive it daily. Most I have looked at have 200,000-230,000km on the clock. Is the Jackaroo as good a choice and would the Falcon be reliable?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Jul 2009
THE Jackaroo should be OK, but I'd look at a Pajero, which I think would be a better choice. As for the Falcon, the cars you are looking at have to be seen in isolation because of their age and kilometres. The Falcons are generally tough, but are known to have problems with radiators and head gaskets. At that number of kilometres I'd have the auto transmission carefully checked, particularly if you intend to tow.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- How can I change driveshaft centre bearing on a 2004 BA Falcon?
- Will I still be able to buy LPG gas in the future?
- What is the best type of oil to use in a 2009 Ford Falcon XR6T?
- Why does my 2002 Ford Falcon idle irregularly and have a delayed throttle response?
- What oil can I use instead of Ford Engine Oil?
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
Most viewed in Advice
- Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know about the seven-time F1 drivers champion
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?