A picture copied from a big screen presentation, however, suggests that a wagon may be on its way.
With production of the old VZ model wagon winding up at Elizabeth next week to make way for the just revealed VE utes, Holden seems sure to produce a new wagon.
Company spokeswoman Andrea Matthews said yesterday that had not yet been confirmed. “We're not commenting on the authenticity of that photograph,” she said.
The photograph, a mobile telephone camera snap of a big screen similar to one used at last week's Melbourne media presentation of the new VE ute, appeared last week on an automotive internet site.
“It appears they were snapped during a product presentation for future Holden vehicles,” the website says. A new Commodore wagon is expected to share the VE Commodore sedan's engine line-up of a 3.6-litre V6 and six-litre V8 for SS versions.
The new Holden ute was revealed last week and will be available from October.
Concepts for a VE wagon could prove a highlight of the Holden stand at the Australian International Motor Show in Sydney from October 11.
If a VE wagon were produced, it probably would not be available until next year.
What do you think of this VE Commodore wagon compared to the VE Ute?