Kia Carnival or VW Multivan?
- Holden Commodore
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Volkswagen Multivan
- Kia Grand Carnival
- Holden Commodore 2007
- Kia Grand Carnival 2014
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2014
- Volkswagen Multivan 2014
- Holden Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Kia Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Holden Commodore Reviews
- Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews
- Volkswagen Multivan Reviews
- Kia Grand Carnival Reviews
- Holden People mover Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Holden SUV Range
- Hyundai People mover Range
- Hyundai Sedan Range
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Kia People mover Range
- Kia Sedan Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Volkswagen People mover Range
- Volkswagen Sedan Range
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- People mover
- 7 seater
Asked by Chris Huby
By Christmas we’ll have four children under seven years old. Our 2007 VE Commodore will then be too small so we’ll need a new car. My wife and I are not great fans of the Kia Carnival, we’d like to drive a car with a bit more quality. A VW Multivan looks practical but I may struggle to get my wife to drive a “van” type vehicle.
Answered by CarsGuide4 Aug 2014
Don’t judge the Carnival by the badge, as it definitely gets The Tick. The The Multivan is also far more practical than any SUV, as you will find when you try to load all the stuff that comes with four youngsters. If you absolutely must play the SUV game, go for a Hyundai Santa Fe, also a Tick winner.
Other Kia Grand Carnival problems
- Is a 2015 Kia Carnival S worth it?
- Cause of high fuel consumption in Grand Carnival?
- iMax or Carnival?
- Best $22,000 family car
- Kia Carnival rear-door electrics problem
- Seven or eight-seater for my family
- Grand Carnival, Prado or Kluger for big family?
- Avensis good pick for a family car?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- When to use low range in your 4x4
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Fuel efficiency explained
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Kia
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
When to use low range in your 4x4
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Fuel efficiency explained
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?