Kia Carnival rear-door electrics problem
- Kia Grand Carnival
- Kia Grand Carnival 2008
- Kia Advice
- Kia Grand Carnival Reviews
- Kia People mover Range
- People mover
- 7 seater
Asked by Carly Marriner, Vic.
Last month the electric rear passenger door on my 2008 Kia Grand Carnival Premium stopped working. After having it for five days, and replacing parts which did not fix the problem, the dealer has quoted me over $2400, not including labour, to replace the door drive motor. This, they tell me, might fix the problem. They have spoken to KIA hotline support and are going through their list of possibilities, but I feel that paying this much for a car only 18 months out of warranty is unacceptable. Have spoken to head office who, although nice, were unwilling to help. What can I do?
Answered by CarsGuide21 Aug 2015
Before I spent $2400 I would want to be sure the car would be fixed. As the car is out of warranty, it’s seven years old, I wouldn’t expect Kia to come to your rescue and pay the full cost of repairs, but I would expect them to take a kindly view and pay for part of the cost. Go back to the dealer, and to Kia head office, and put your case.
Other Kia Grand Carnival problems
- Is a 2015 Kia Carnival S worth it?
- Cause of high fuel consumption in Grand Carnival?
- iMax or Carnival?
- Best $22,000 family car
- Seven or eight-seater for my family
- Grand Carnival, Prado or Kluger for big family?
- Avensis good pick for a family car?
- Kia Carnival or VW Multivan?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Kia
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia