Best budget family SUV
- Mazda CX-5
- Kia Sportage
- Honda CR-V
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Mazda CX-5 2012
- Kia Sportage 2010
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2010
- Honda CR-V 2011
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2011
- Kia Sportage 2011
- Honda CR-V 2010
- Honda Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Mazda CX-5 Reviews
- Kia Sportage Reviews
- Honda CR-V Reviews
- Volkswagen Tiguan Reviews
- Honda SUV Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Budget cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Brad
My wife and I are looking for an automatic family SUV for under $13,000. The important things for us are boot space, safety, reliability and the car not being too big. I was hoping for a Kia Sportage, Volkswagen Tiguan, or similar, but I'm not sure we can fit that into the budget without the car having very high kilometres. We would consider going as big as a Honda CR-V. We live in a cambered street with big gutters so the clearance needs to be reasonable which has made me think that a Subaru might be a little low. Any help appreciated!
Answered by CarsGuide14 Apr 2017
With your slim budget you're looking at a 2010/2011 model, which will have on average around 150,000 km. It will be hard to find anything under that sort of mileage. At that I would be loathe to suggest a European brand, given that repairs can be expensive. Having ruled out the Tiguan I would suggest a Honda CR-V or a Mazda CX-5.
Other Mazda CX-5 problems
- Which mid-size, diesel SUV should I buy?
- Will the stop/start function damage the turbo in my Mazda CX-5?
- How can I replace a damaged compliance plate?
- What may have caused my Mazda CX-5 to suddenly stall?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What car should I buy now that my Mazda 6 doesn't suit my needs?
- Why does my Mazda CX-5 2013 have an excessive amount of condensation?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures