Should I buy a Toyota RAV4 or a Honda CR-V?
- Toyota RAV4
- Honda CR-V
- Toyota RAV4 2020
- Honda CR-V 2020
- Honda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota RAV4 Reviews
- Honda CR-V Reviews
- Honda SUV Range
- Toyota SUV Range
Asked by Miraj
I’m considering a 2020 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser 2WD auto or a 2020 Honda CR-V VTi LX AWD. Most reviews say they are very close, but I like how CRV appears and the RAV4 seems to have more plastics. How is the ride quality on both? Anything to consider one over the other? Your thoughts?
Answered by CarsGuide21 Mar 2020
You really need to go out and test drive both vehicles, because they both have their plusses and minuses and those will be graded according to your personal preferences. Overall, the RAV4 is a bigger vehicle (almost as big as the original Kluger, in fact) so that might come into the reckoning based purely on the size of your parking space at home.
The RAV4 rides a bit more softly but your choice of the range-topping VTi-LX in the Honda is a good one because that’s the only model in the line-up that includes autonomous emergency braking, lane-keeping and adaptive cruise-control. That said, the RAV4 has all those features, too, but extends them to the bulk of the models offered, not just the top-spec version.
On warranty and fuel economy, both compare pretty closely, so it will come down to the little things that you personally find important; things like the Honda’s doors that open almost to 90-degrees and the Toyota’s vast rear seat legroom and cavernous luggage space. Over to you.
Other Toyota RAV4 problems
- Will the plug-in hybrid Toyota RAV4 become available in Australia?
- Why isn't the stop-start engine function working in on my 2021 Toyota RAV4?
- What is the best small-medium SUV to buy used for under $15k
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- Can the hybrid Toyota RAV4 support a 70kg roof top tent?
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- What is the recommended height and weight of a driver for a 2010 Toyota RAV4?
- Should I buy a plug-in hybrid or an electric car?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia