Mazda B2500 2005 Review
- Mazda B2500
- Mazda B2500 2005
- Mazda B2500 Reviews
- Mazda Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
Add a turbo diesel engine and 4WD and you have probably the ultimate workmate that will carry you and all your stuff to the ends of the earth – well almost.
The current model has been around for donkey's ages with progressive upgrades keeping it fresh. It's available in numerous body configurations including a handy Freestyle body with rear hinged "suicide" doors giving access to the rear "emergency" fold down seats.
Mazda recently introduced drive away pricing for the B-Series, this one, the DX Freestyle diesel manual goes for a not insignificant $38,935. But hey, it all comes off the tax.
- Intercooled four cylinder diesel has plenty of performance, particularly strong mid-range, good on fuel.
- First gear is way, way low and runs out of puff after just a squirt from a standstill. Low range is lower again.
- Cruises happily at the speed limit, doesn't button off uphill even with a load on board.
- Engine is relatively smooth but makes a din – turn the (impressive) radio up.
- DX misses out on electric mirrors, remote central locking, has no air bags – unforgivable in a vehicle at this price.
- Ride is firm, bucks around on rough road unladen. Settles down with a few hundred kilos on board.
- Tray is decent size even with the "four" door body.
- Off road ability enhanced with chunky tread tyres, low range 4WD, has manual free wheeling hubs – just like the old days.
- Plenty of ground clearance, limited slip rear diff. This thing goes anywhere – with a load and potentially four aboard.
- Hate the under dash, pull out hand brake. Optional ute tray mat should be standard ute liner.
- Turning circle is smaller than earlier models, now acceptable.
- Like warranty choice, 2/unlimited or 3/100,000km. You choose.
- Cabin is utilitarian, plenty of hard plastic, bit of style around instruments, aircon works a treat.
- Not convinced about Freestyle doors, bit of a pain to use, front has to be open etc.
Range and Specs
|Bravo DX||2.5L, Diesel, 5 SP MAN||$5,000 – 7,810||2005 Mazda B2500 2005 Bravo DX Pricing and Specs|
|Bravo DX (4x4)||2.5L, Diesel, 5 SP MAN||$6,000 – 9,350||2005 Mazda B2500 2005 Bravo DX (4x4) Pricing and Specs|
|Bravo SDX (4x4)||2.5L, Diesel, 5 SP MAN||$6,300 – 9,790||2005 Mazda B2500 2005 Bravo SDX (4x4) Pricing and Specs|
Lowest price, based on 11 car listings in the last 6 months