Volkswagen Tiguan 2009: What is causing the vibration when accelerating?
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2009
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Tiguan Reviews
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Liza Sinnatt
My four-and-a-half year-old Volkswagen Tiguan has developed a vibrating issue when you accelerate. The dealer has had the car now for more than three weeks and has replaced the injectors and the diff without fixing the problem, but has called in VW to help. So far I am satisfied with what has been done, but what should I be paying for, given the length of time they have been working on the car and the parts they have replaced which haven't fixed the problem. Should I only be paying for the parts that have actually fixed the problem? Also what if they can't fix the problem or don't want to invest any more time in trying to resolve the issue, what options would be fair and reasonable in this instant.
Answered by CarsGuide17 May 2013
Before they fitted the parts, particularly when they're expensive ones like the diff, they should have sought your approval to proceed. If they have, and you have agreed to fit the parts, you are liable to pay for them, even though they might not have fixed the problem. If they haven't got your permission to go ahead then you have grounds for refusing to pay for the parts. If they refuse to spend any more time on your car, or can't resolve the problem, you're really left with no alternative but to seek another repairer who would seek to solve it.
Other Volkswagen Tiguan problems
- How do I update the navigation system in my 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan?
- Why do I get an error message when I connect the nav in my 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan?
- Why does my 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan need so many repairs?
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2012: Do I need to get the diesel injectors serviced?
- Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 2020: Should I wait for the facelifted version?
- Should I buy a plug-in hybrid or an electric car?
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2017: Bubbling effect on the rear tailgate
- Volkswagen Tiguan: Any known problems?
Most viewed in Advice
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
Cars that start with D
Cars that start with K
Cars that start with S
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cars that start with E
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with A
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures