Tiguan air-conditioning and phone problems?
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Tiguan Reviews
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Celeste
I have had problems with the phone and air-conditioning in my 2015 VW Tiguan ever since I bought it new. The phone has issues with echo, it will hang up mid phone call and will often not connect with the phone at all. Previously the only way to rectify this is to have the dealer reset the phone. The air-conditioner will occasionally not work at all. I have had the car in to the dealer many times over the year I've owned it, and as they were unable to rectify the issues they put me onto Volkswagen Customer care. Customer care have had the complaint for over six months, they have sent me back to the dealer twice to collect information. Unfortunately I am now the pawn in the middle as the dealer is directing me to Customer care and Customer care is directing me to the dealer. Where do I go from here and how can I get these issues rectified, when they can't identify the problem?
Answered by CarsGuide15 Apr 2016
You are being treated absolutely appallingly, by the dealer and by VW. The problem starts with the dealer, if they can't fix it it's their responsibility to go to VW and ask for assistance. It is not for them to tell you to go to VW, that's passing the buck. It's also not VW's place to tell you to go back to the dealer, as the car's manufacturer it's their responsibility to fix it. Go to the dealer and express your dissatisfaction with their service, and ask that they request VW's help in sorting the problem. VW has technicians who can assess and hopefully fix your car. If they can't fix it they can request help from VW in Germany. Keep escalating the problem up the tree, from the dealer, the VW Customer Care, to VW's Managing Director or higher if needed. It is their job to fix your car.
Other Volkswagen Tiguan problems
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2012: Do I need to get the diesel injectors serviced?
- Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 2020: Should I wait for the facelifted version?
- Should I buy a plug-in hybrid or an electric car?
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2017: Bubbling effect on the rear tailgate
- Volkswagen Tiguan: Any known problems?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Fuel efficiency explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Fuel efficiency explained