Is a two-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive ute better for towing?
- Toyota HiLux
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Ford Courier
- Mazda B2500
- Mitsubishi Triton 2006
- Toyota HiLux 2006
- Ford Courier 2006
- Mazda B2500 2006
- Ford Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Ford Courier Reviews
- Mazda B2500 Reviews
- Ford Commercial Range
- Ford Ute Range
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Nick Garner
I'm a lawn-mowing contractor looking to buy a diesel ute to tow a trailer six days a week. My budget is $35,000. Would you recommend a two-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive?
Answered by CarsGuide20 Jul 2006
Unless you need a vehicle capable of driving over rough or slippery ground, I would buy a 2WD diesel ute. It will be more economical than a 4WD and will tow your trailer without problems. Your budget will get you an upmarket ute. Look at the Toyota Hilux or new Mitsubishi Triton. Also, there are good deals available on the Mazda Bravo and Ford Courier for much less. For little more than $20,000 you'll get a 2WD diesel with a tray and toolbox.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What should I do if my 2011 Mitsubishi Triton makes a grinding noise when changing gears?
- What is causing my 2019 Mitsubishi Triton to have DPF issues?
- How do I add a leaf spring to the suspension of my 2010 Mitsubishi Triton?
- What's the better buy, Pajero Sport Exceed or Toyota Fortuner Crusade?
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- V8 Supercars engine specifications
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
V8 Supercars engine specifications