Why isn't the central locking system in my 2013 Great Wall Steed working properly?
- Great Wall Steed
- Great Wall Advice
- Great Wall Steed Reviews
- Great Wall Ute Range
- Great Wall
Asked by Jonathan
I have a Great Wall Steed 2013, model AMD. When I open the door the central locking system locks and when I close the door it opens, I have changed the battery in the fob and it is still doing it. What could the problem be?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Sep 2020
The most likely answer is that the body computer on your car has a problem. This computer is the one that links all the various functions (and the driveline) to each other, including cruise-control, the instrumentation, lighting, power-windows and, of course, the central-locking.
If the problem is deep within the computer’s circuit-board, you may need to swap it for a new one. But before you spend any money, try this: Close all the doors and then hold the lock button down on the remote. Hold it for at least 30 seconds and then see if the central-locking is behaving. If that fails, try disconnecting the battery and leaving the car for at least an hour. What you’re trying to do is manually force the body computer to re-set itself. This process doesn’t work with all cars, but it does on some and who knows, you might just be lucky.
Other Great Wall Steed problems
- Great Wall Steed 2014: Why is the start immobilizer locked?
- Great Wall Steed: Is it a diesel?
- Great Wall Steed: Is it a auto or manual?
- Great Wall Steed: Who makes it?
- My Great Wall Steed keeps breaking down, can I get a refund?
- How much will it cost to register a Great Wall Steed in Queensland?
Most viewed in Advice
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo...
- Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Great Wall
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor
TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo diesel motor
Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol six-cylinder motor
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
When to use low range in your 4x4