What's a good sedan under $17,000?
- Mazda 3
- Holden Cruze
- Hyundai Elantra
- Holden Cruze 2013
- Mazda 3 2013
- Hyundai Elantra 2013
- Holden Cruze 2016
- Hyundai Elantra 2016
- Mazda 3 2016
- Holden Advice
- Hyundai Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Holden Cruze Reviews
- Hyundai Elantra Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai Sedan Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Cathy
I'm looking at buying a 2013-2016 medium-sized car with low km for under $17,000. I really like the Holden Cruze, Mazda3 and Hyundai Elantra, but I also like the Toyota Corolla hatch. I've been told the Cruze lacks get up and go and the Mazda3 is the way to go. I just want a medium-sized car/sedan with some guts. Are you able to advise me which way I should go, or suggest another type of car?
Answered by CarsGuide10 Nov 2017
I wouldn’t recommend the Cruze, there have been too many problems with them. The Toyota Corolla, Mazda3 and Hyundai Elantra are all good, reliable cars with plenty of performance for the class. Any one of them would be a good choice.
Other Holden Cruze problems
- Does my 2013 Holden Cruze have a transmission control unit issue?
- I'm looking at buying a 2014 Holden Cruze should I be worried about high kilometres on the clock?
- Why is my 2006 Holden Cruze is stuck in Park?
- My 2004 Holden Cruze manual is getting oil in the number two spark plug tube. Where could it be coming from?
- Can I do a service on my 2010 Holden Cruze myself?
- How do you check transmission oil in a Holden Cruze 2009 and where is the fuel filter located?
- What can I do if the transmission in my 2012 Holden Cruze has failed?
- Holden Cruze Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Holden Cruze?
Most viewed in Advice
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with G
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Cars that start with S
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Every electric car available in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with G
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Cars that start with S
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?