What's a good, medium-sized sedan for touring?
- Holden Commodore
- Ford Mondeo
- Skoda Superb
- Ford Mondeo 2017
- Holden Commodore 2017
- Skoda Superb 2017
- Ford Advice
- Holden Advice
- Skoda Advice
- Holden Commodore Reviews
- Ford Mondeo Reviews
- Skoda Superb Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Skoda Sedan Range
- Skoda Hatchback Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Gary Russell
I am looking for a new medium sized sedan that I want for touring. The car must be a manual. I have only ever owned manuals and have absolutely no interest in buying an automatic. I have driven a Ford Mondeo and Skoda Superb in U.K. and Ireland, both six-speed manuals. Both cars were a pleasure to drive. I was eyeing up the Volvo sedan until I found out that Volvo don't import their manual offering to Australia. Are there any medium sized manual sedans on the Australian market? If the import rules were not so anti-competitive, I would have considered the import of a manual sedan from the U.K. where there is a wide choice of cars to pick from.
Answered by CarsGuide29 Sep 2017
The demand for manual gearboxes is so low today that it’s not worth car companies doing all the compliance work needed when they know they would only sell a handful of cars. You might have to loo at something like a Holden Commodore.
Other Ford Mondeo problems
- Why does my 2013 Ford Mondeo wagon only shift gears properly in manual mode?
- Why does my 2009 Ford Mondeo keep going into limp mode?
- Ford Mondeo 2011: Any known problems with PowerShift transmission?
- Ford Mondeo 2016: Difference between Titanium and a Trend hatchback?
- Which Ford Fusion is the best?
- Where is the Ford Fusion made and when was the first one built?
- What's a good mid-sized wagon to buy?
- My 2010 Ford Mondeo is having problems, what should I do with it?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained